SamKnows RealSpeed runs measurements directly from your SamKnows-enabled devices (Whitebox 8.0 depending on location and Virgin Media Hub 4). By testing at the edge of your home network, you can isolate the test from the home environment for more accurate measurements.
Note that you need to be connected to the same WiFi network as your SamKnows-enabled device to be able to run a test.
We’ve put together a short troubleshooting guide addressing common issues you may come across whilst using the browser test.
RealSpeed error messages
No router found. This appears when no device has been detected. Make sure you are connected to the same WiFi network as your SamKnows-enabled device.
No compatible router found. This appears when devices have been detected but NOT SamKnows-enabled devices. Make sure you are connected to the same WiFi network as your SamKnows-enabled device.
- Your SamKnows-enabled device is offline. If this appears, please check to see if your SamKnows-enabled device is turned on and connected to the internet.
- Another test is running. This could be due to several reasons.
- A scheduled test is running
- A RealSpeed test has been triggered on another device.
In both cases, you’ll need to wait a couple of minutes before trying again. You can only run one test at a time.
- Can't run test. This appears if the test schedule the device is on has no trigger test enabled. This means there are no tests that could be run for that device. This could be due to the device is in the wrong panel.
- Something went wrong, please try again later. In that case, try again later. If the problem persists, contact a member of the support team for assistance.
My issue isn’t listed hereFeel free to reach out to our support team. No matter the issue, we’ll be more than happy to guide you through the process.